Sunday, January 20, 2019

We are born enlightened

The first few memories I have about this life are very confusing. I remember, I was not sure why I was in this body and where I was? With this confusion, I couldn’t help start crying. I guess I was about 2 or 3 years old that time.

I remember I was confused who I was. It seemed to the little me at that time, there was not a solid “I”. I was changing all the time. Sometimes, I was happy, sometimes I was sad, sometimes I was not able to crawl, but very fast I was walking all over the places. So which one is me?

I since have difficulty to describe who I am because for me it is very clear there is no solid “I” and I had difficulty whenever there was a writing assignment about “me”.

I also remember vividly that I was questioning my relationship with my parents and family in my first few memories. I was wondering why they were taking care of me and why I was here? I remember that I asked them, “Where I am from?” Of course, I got answers like “we picked you up on the street”, or, “you popped out from a rock.”

I really didn’t think that they were my family and that being at that place was my home. Everything seemed so strange and new to me. I remember that I had this familiarity when I looked at the sky. I felt that I was from there instead. Whenever I looked at the sky, whenever I heard that sound coming from the deep universe. I felt so at home. I felt so relaxed.

I also have memories that I woke up from naps and cried hard because I didn’t know where I was and why I was there.  Now, looking back, I was so correct about everything.
We are all enlightened when we are just born. We are.

By Suzanne Yang

No comments: