Thursday, March 21, 2024

Enlightenment—the biggest transition of all

 There is a transition in the spiritual life which is (…) probably the most difficult transition spiritually you ever make, and not a lot of people make it. (…) The transition I talk about is from spiritual insight, revelation, spiritual awakening (…) to the letting go and dissolution of self.

Adyashanti 

 

The other day I stated in a discussion forum that everything we face in life is designed to help us lose this illusionary self and connect with a higher dimension of being to which one participant replied that the concept of no-self was the ultimate spiritual by-passing. I was taken aback. I thought that’s what we are all after in the spiritual community. How can we make this cessation of self a fact and not another lofty spiritual concept? By being mindful, by closely examining our agenda and seeing it interact with life as is. Ramana Maharshi summed it up best, the wisdom of the Bible can be communicated one sentence, “Be still and know I Am That I Am”. 

No comments: