Thursday, April 18, 2024

What energies are running you?

 I was having dinner with our youngest at our favorite pizza place. He talked about his friends and how much ego he observed in some of them. “You don’t have any ego”, he said to me. I knew what he meant. I don’t when it comes to our boys, but I can’t really take credit for it. Our parents didn’t have any ego either when it came to us. That’s what happens. We take the good from our parents and just have to work a little on their homework.

 

Still, I have ego, it’s just that he isn’t aware of it yet. The way I fought at work for “my” investment thesis, and the fear in me when this thesis came under attack. Just leaving the workplace doesn’t solve the problem. The “me, myself and I” force may be harder to spot now, like the frustration that I experience as a writer when I cannot express to the reader what I know to be true. Watching is all we can do. It’s not about being good or bad. It’s about spotting the processes that drive us and that claim to be us. Insight is instantaneous, but we have to see the troublemaker at work first to step out of the energy field. What energies are running you?

 

#ego #spirituality #awakening #mindfulness  


No comments: