Sunday, June 16, 2024

Make right and be happy

 It’s easy to fool ourselves in spirituality. I remember one woman saying in a spiritual community forum, “I have made my transition towards positive thinking almost complete and have cut out all negative people from my life. Only my son is left!”

 

The self tells a fictitious and convenient story, it’s easy to believe what we are telling ourselves. So how are we doing in fact? There are two easy yard sticks, do we live up to our ethical standards, and are we happy living the life we live?

 

My approach is easy, when I fail to live by the “make right and be happy” mantra, I lower my ambitions. Happiness is an inside job, it does not require an impressive outside endorsement, and as far as the “ethical standards” are concerned, today is as good a day as any to live up to them.

 

Body, mind and world are intertwined. The world on the outside is mirroring back to us what we believe about ourselves on the inside. Being truly happy means that we have found the secret sauce for what makes us tick and our environment smiles at us in return.

 

True spiritual living is the end of all conflict. So “make right” today, whatever that means for you personally and see if the world agrees with your notion of spirituality. Even with conflicts it typically only takes one simple adjustment, and you shall be happy to enjoy a bountiful harvest.


No comments: