Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Surrender or realization?

 We had a spiritual discussion with some friends the other day and I found myself describing the state of surrendering without remembering the world. Later when a friend added the word to the conversation, I wondered which part in me made me forget the expression “surrender”. It’s the ego, isn’t it, that is deadly afraid of surrendering.

 

I am a mind driven person so for me the breakthrough is perceived as an insight, a moment when the synapses in the brain switch out of the old state of conditioning and open up to something new, but we are all a little different, so which comes first, surrendering or realization?

 

10 000 years of conditioning march forcefully along,

until one day we encounter a much stronger force.

What happens? We bang our head a few times

until the day when we look for a new way.

That is the day when the Way appears.

Surrender is one way of putting it,

but realization is more accurate.

Perhaps it’s a little of both.

 


No comments: