Sunday, July 26, 2026

Go within and let go

 A car was stuck in a snowstorm. Frantically the driver tried to get out of the hole he had dug for himself, but the faster he hid the pedal, the more the wheels spun out of control. A passerby came by and asked him for a couple of mats, placed them behind the back tires and instructed the driver to rock gently back and forth. Amazingly, with a few iterations the car found traction on the road again. 


The problem with the spiritual quest for most of us is that, the quest itself! That’s how we have been programmed, when an interference appears go after it with all your might. Mind over matter, right? The journey to the depth of our being is the opposite. It’s a letting go and not a reaching towards something else. Most teachers give you a method, something to do. Be with the obstacle and go inside instead.


I once had a dream. A demon chased me. We wrestled. He was full of muscles and had a face that looked grotesque, just as we picture a demon to look like. Amazingly we were on equal footing and then I found the secret of how to beat him. The calmer I got the more furious and weaker he became. Soon he was gone with the wind and I woke up relaxed and happy even. Go within and let go!


No comments: