Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going in Circles

I remember vividly an evening about a year ago when I became so frustrated with my spiritual advances, or lack thereof, that I sat down with a pen in my hand and in a "Conversations with God" type fashion wrote on it, OK Lord Krishna, just tell me once and for all what is wrong with me. "You are cycling my friend" was the response. I was dumbfounded, what, I asked myself, God is telling me that I am going in circles. So back I went, facing my challenges with twice the energy and three times the commitment, if God is telling me that I am wasting time, you better go and hurry.

Well, a year later I discovered that will-power and commitment is not the problem, the center of gravity is. If we cannot overcome a problem with brute strength, we need to step aside and change our perspective. Jung's shadow theory comes to mind. If two forces battle inside yourself, let it be, give both their required space and transcend to the next level. Stop doing and start being.

No comments: