Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Do you have New Year's Resolutions? I love making them and don't mind if I can't live up to all my expectations. Succeeding with your new goals is great and failure gives me something to think about how I might do things differently next time around.

Having a goal is a good first step, but completely repositioning yourself is better. This concept implies a change of your perspective. Let me give you an example. I grew up as an introvert and had to pay the price for it at work as part of my job description is to connect with people and share investment ideas. So one fine day I decided to change this and used affirmations, reminding myself daily that I am connected with everybody. This strategy was mildly successful, but in the end my nature sabotaged my conscious efforts as deep down inside I still preferred sitting in my office over mingling with people. The true breakthrough came when one day I realized that every person out there has a message for me, work-related as well as spiritual. Since my spiritual journey is my true passion, this was the day when my connectivity started to take off.

So going back to your New Year's Resolution, make sure you align your goal with a new perspective about yourself or your mission in life. Happy New Year.

No comments: