Friday, April 2, 2010

Christ has Died, Christ has Risen, Christ Has Come Again

When I was in graduate school many years ago I had a strange dream. Jesus Christ was actually living among us, but he turned out to be a drug addict - thousands of years of reincarnation took a toll on him and his spirit finally gave in. I then saw myself and how I married my wife and we both ascended to heaven together. You can imagine my surprise when I woke up, and while I never really figured out what the dream was about, intuitively it strengthened my conviction to venture into the real world instead of becoming a spiritual teacher.

A few years ago I came across A Course in Miracles. In it, Jesus Christ talks through a psychologist, Helen Schucman, and provides a breath-taking reinterpretation of his teachings in today's psychological language. When I googled her today I realized that there is quite a discussion whether Helen Schucman was just a fraud given that she died a painful death and spent her last year in a deep depression - in apparent contradiction to everything this book is about. Well, you can judge for yourself by reading the book, but my conclusion is pretty simple. Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ has come again.

No comments: