Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Who Exactly is Talking?

I am not the biggest fan of the True Self notion. What good is it to speculate about what your "better half" is all about when all you can experience is you here and now. Having said this, I have started using Sri Ramana Maharshi's advice  to ask the question at opportune moments to ask who exactly is talking. Each time when I feel fear rising in me I start monitoring who exactly experiences that feeling and as I monitor the fear factor, the feeling miraculously starts dissolving. It is actually really cool! You can repeat this excercise with all kind of trigger feelings, such as greed, competitiveness, arrogance, etc. Once you register your state you automatically start monitoring and a different internal authority appears to be present. Try it!

No comments: