Sunday, October 5, 2014

Express Yourself

Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
~ Freud Sigmund

If I was Jewish my books would be closed now and I would eagerly look forward to the promises of a new year. Given that I am Christian I still have a few more months to go but I think I have already experienced enough to celebrate some accomplishments. This year - it must have some time in April - I cried buckets probably for the first time in my life. This year was also the year when I dug up my music collections from years ago and played it over and over after all the negative stuff had come to the surface. Perhaps it was a tough year for me personally, or perhaps it is a spiritual thing; perhaps I now better understand what it means to be a man, or just perhaps Freud's insight finally sunk in: unexpressed emotions are really not nice so please express yourself! I at least have made that my new life's resolution.
 

No comments: