Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Way of the Meister

The German expression Meister literally translated means master, in the sense of a master of a craft. In the medieval times when the European cities became viable economic centers in coexistence with the feudal system, Meister was a title that you received after a prolonged apprenticeship in a craft under the guidance of an expert. I view myself as a Meister in the spiritual realm. I received my training from no particular spiritual authority. It is the Way - the Tao - that lifts you to this status. All that is required is an openness to learn, the willingness to drop your personal agenda along the Way and an awareness of a Power that is always near you, welcoming you with open arms and guiding you.

My spiritual journey must have started in earnest five to seven years ago, and I shared most of my initial impressions and conjectures in "The Magnificent Experiment - The Magic of Connecting with Your Tao". Today I still stand by everything I concluded then, though I would call this level of magic and connectivity that I experienced then as a spiritual honeymoon. Just like a successful marriage, the honeymoon gives you a glimpse of what you can and should have, but afterwards you have to work - oftentimes quite hard - to keep it. This brings me back to the expression Meister; I would be so bold to call myself Meister today. I am one of many New Agers who work diligently and happily in the background, leaving some form of spiritual imprint on their environment without being publicly known to be one. 

Some like to meet, or if they are a bit more ambitious, like to become an Ascended Master. Personally, I think this is a mistake. If you like to be with an Ascended Master you don't give yourSelf enough credit, for you are the Ascended Master. Yet, if you like to become one, you only project your wishes, expectations and beliefs on them. Don't! Accept yourself the way you are and embrace the holy mission you are on today. The Tao connects you with your Self every step of the Way no matter what your spiritual maturity. Be open to life, be willing to cut out all the interferences along the Way and be what you aspire to be here and now. That is the Way!

I can't tell you what exactly it entails to be a spiritual Meister, only the Way can. If you feel frustrated by all the distractions and set-backs that you are experiencing, keep on going. And if you are flying high today because the divine light shows you the Way, keep on going too. The point is that once you have found your divine calling, you have every reason to cheer. Just like a Meister, hard work will likely await you, but so will respect and ample rewards.  Some days are better than others in terms of connectedness, joy and creativity, but all along you are a Meister and are rewarded as such by the Source. A spiritual Meister has dropped all expectations and has no agenda whatsoever except for the mission of facing the life to the best of her ability here and now. Rejoice - along the Way magic happens!

No comments: