Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What's Your Mission

Before the truth can set you free, you need to recognize the lies that are holding you hostage.
(Unknown)

I have a personal "mission statement" at home in which I put all my achievements, goals, dreams and aspirations. I borrowed this concept from Kerry Spackman's "The Winner's Bible", and would recommend this methodology to everyone. It sounds so easy to write down what truly matters to you, but especially for us spiritual travelers it can get confusing very fast. What is an ego desire, and what is a soul longing? When does an egotistic whim take the Self hostage, and when are you putting your authentic needs second in the name of spirituality?  Our brain always manufactures a "truthfulness" around all our desires, but attached with every kosher spiritual goal and authentic ego desire, there is also delusion, repression and naïveté. A spiritual path is defined to clean this up for you. Your mission statement can help you sort things out.

God says in Neale Walsch's "Conversations with God", if you want to head north, what is the point of driving south? Try to figure out what your overriding goals are and go after them. For me personally, I had never any problems writing down my spiritual goals. The cover of my first book, "The Magnificent Experiment" is page one of my bible, followed by all the ideas for the next books. But what about my professional goals? How about my personal goals, like my looks or my financial standing? Would that be vain and greedy? At work, should I focus on my own promotion, or on mentoring others; can I perhaps do both? 

There is only your way, and you have to figure out for yourself what works best for you. Your soul longings have to be taken care of, and that includes the ego needs just as much as your spiritual goals. The trick is to acknowledge and embrace what you truly care about, and let the Tao purify them by sending you on a mission that is meaningful to you. Write your goals down; aim high but be flexible enough to rearrange them when you start discovering conflicts. That is what the Winner's Bible is for; a soul searching process for discovering your mission. Why don't you get started today.

No comments: