Thursday, July 2, 2015

Fifty-one Percent

The partially innocent are apt to be quite foolish at times.
(A Course in Miracles)

I had a strange vision the other day. The number 51 appeared in front of me. That was the hit ratio with which people at work did the "right thing" from a spiritual perspective. It was literally like an on and off switch. There were the times when you knew you had to step away from the interaction because your counterparts literally seemed on auto-pilot, and then there were those blessed opportunities to open the door just enough for you to get the foot in. But all the while you felt that time was on your time because the hit ratio is 51 percent.

Fifty-one is my number. I always work under the assumption that people just mirror back my own struggles, inconsistencies and doubts. I feel fine with that. I always go to work every day, put in my heart and soul and then try again the next day after a good night's sleep. I have two missions at work, my own personal agenda, as well as my spiritual mission to heal, unite and the mentor. I feel fine going back and forth between these two mission; I am passionate either way and let the Tao tell me which hat I am wearing in each interaction.

I always fear the moment the Course in Miracles alludes to, when I find that I was the partially innocent who suddenly looks foolish. Unfortunately this is a risk we have to take. Again, it is never about the others, it is always about yourself. Cut out all the conflicting energies that are running through you and the environment you are dealing with will change with you. Never ever think that you are here to change the world. It is the opposite; the world is here to help you discover the Way leading you Home. No matter what happens to you, you can always walk away with your head held high after the job is done. 

No comments: