Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Reorienting along the Way

I was sitting at work today and suddenly realized that walking the Tao is sometimes like turning everything you ever learned upside down. You will communicate that to no-one but your closest friends, while the rest of the world will still perceive you as the person they once knew. And in a sense you still are. You do similar things, it is just that your new motivations have become care, co-operation and creativity instead of the distorted value system of the ego. 

This all sounds so great in books, but can be pretty disorienting and scary when it happens. But that is what the Way is for; She will lovingly and playfully teach you everything you need to know. The one thing you have to focus on is to minimize interferences of all sorts. Focus your attention like a laser on the few spiritual truism you do know, and stick to them.

Let me give you an example, which may sound a little strange. Today someone at work touched me, and I felt like my knees were about to give in. I have no idea what happened in that energy exchange, but it felt like 
he sucked it out of me at this moment. I was reminded at this moment of the necessity of living a spiritually pure life. Had there been a little less energy present in me at that moment, I simply would have fainted.

This note is not supposed to scare you. The upside of a disorienting soul searching process is that it is mostly filled with fun and creativity as well. The Way wraps Itself around your soul mission and will make you feel right at home. You rediscover the world just as a child would. The Tao is simply your Way. Only you can deviate from the Way, no-one else can. So please don't waste time in this transition. Births should be quick!

No comments: