Thursday, August 27, 2015

"I", as in Inspired

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder;
you get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger.
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God-forbid, love ever leave you empty handed.

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens.
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance:

I hope you dance....I hope you dance.
(Lee Ann Womack, I Hope You Dance)

We spiritual folks love beating up the ego; that rascal that stands in the way of experiencing God here and now. Yet, isn't that longing a little like fast-forwarding a movie, or reading the last page of a detective story? The "I" with all its history, expectations and drives was given to us so that we can manifest our story. We are here to add our piece to God's magnificent puzzle, and the "I" is perfectly designed to accomplish just that feat.

We are a fluid part of a vast energy field. We are God's Co-Creator, not a flimsy leaf in the wind. We can experience our ego, our soul mission and the creative energy of the "holy now" all at the same time. Stop wishing that you are somewhere else instead; stop wasting your time hoping that you are the enlightened guy who shows everyone else the Way, and stop battling your ego in order to get to that state. What you are really looking for is the "I Am that I Am" when the "I" gets inspired by the "holy now". And you only can get to that blessed state when you accept God's invite to dance with Her.

So how exactly does one get to that inspired "I Am that I Am" state? Well, muster your will-power and have the guts to dance while everyone else is sitting; "give the Heavens above more than a passing glance" as Lee Ann Womack puts it so well in her inspired song, and simply put your best foot forward in whatever you do. Along the Way, being inspired is the norm rather than the exception. Just keep on dancing whenever a good opportunity presents itself. And if it doesn't, create one.

No comments: