Thursday, November 12, 2015

But a Step Away from Freedom

See the stone set in your eyes
See the thorn twist in your side
I'll wait for you
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you
With or without you
With or without you
Through the storm we reach the shore
You gave it all but I want more
And I'm waiting for you
With or without you
With or without you
I can't live
With or without you
(U2, With or Without You)

As the regular reader of this blog knows, I often quote lyrics of songs in my writings. They are memes really, little messages that drill themselves into you, often embedded with spiritual messages by your Guides.

"With or Without You" is the most quoted song lyrics in my writings by a mile. The image I have in my head when I hear this song is that of a surfer. Swayed by forces that go in opposing directions: one may be of the Spirit, but it is hard to embrace consistently; the other may be of the ego, but it sometimes feels so real. Who can say what the soul really wants, and who truly knows what is of God! So there you stand, conflicted, restless and frustrated, but empowered enough to be in charge of both. Standing there in perfect balance, waiting for the impetus to go one way or another.

Just stand there my friend - With or Without You - and be proud of how far you have come. While others still have to follow the wheels of karma instinctively, you have already risen to the occasion and are but a step away from Freedom. Of course you can't be in a limbo forever, but if the star constellation needs to adjust a little to give you that priceless opportunity to break free, then so be it.
Fact of the matter is that Ascension to a higher spiritual plane happens in a spiral. Even if you wanted to go back, against the upward drift, you physically couldn't. You would die going against this Force. But you also have to respect the time it takes to let go of your old baggage; so please don't beat yourself up if you are not quite yet ready.

Today is the Festival of Light, the day Lord Rama assumed His Kingship and brought Queen Sita home. It is also an auspicious star constellation: Full Moon on 11/11/2015. You have a priceless opportunity to let go, so please use it. Freedom is yours to have - here and now!

No comments: