Friday, December 4, 2015

Not I, but Thou

Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction is obliged to stick to probabilities; truth isn't. (Mark Twain)

At the company I work for some of our more seasoned investors reflect on their insights along their career that they share with whoever like to listen to them. I show up religiously to these meetings to learn personal anecdotes, stories about our firm, and to copy meaningful quotes of other insightful people.

What I don't believe in, however, is that there really is a superior investment style to copy. All these seasoned investors have been incredibly entrepreneurial, bold, and driven to distinguish themselves from the rest; they deserve their success and they certainly distinguished themselves from those who hadn't that "Michael Jordonesque will to succeed". But then, there were probably also a few equally qualified investors who had to drop out because fate had other plans for them.

I doubt that anyone in my line of work would subscribe to this point of view, partly for the reason that it makes the ego feel very uncomfortable, "What do you mean a Higher Authority calls the shots?" Well, you don't have to believe in it, but if you do, then you don't need to concern yourself with probabilities any longer. You give your heart and your soul to your mission, but everything else you leave up to Her.

I am representing Her every step of the Way, and I am Her glorious mirror no matter what the outside world thinks of me. You don't have to lose sleep over what material gains might be coming your way as spiritual traveler; don't you think She knows you rather well and is working hard in the background to make your mission a success? Remember, probabilities do not apply to Her!

No comments: