Thursday, February 11, 2016

Lovely Day

When the day that lies ahead of me
seems impossible to face.
When someone else instead of me
always seems to know the way;

then I look at you
and the world's alright with me;
just one look at you
and I know it's gonna be
a lovely day.
(Bill Withers, Lovely Day)


I am hardly a saint. I swear, I bitch; I throw stuff on the ground to express my frustrations. But I never give up on the future either. My frustrations are always about mistakes of the past or about obstacles someone puts on my path. Yet, as I look ahead, I always forget about the baggage and the obstacles and look for the opportunity to launch something bigger and better.



You may ask how one can stay constructive about the future when you feel fed up. Go home, play loud music, get drunk if you must, but never let go of your vision to think big and your mission to be great and to serve others in the process. Start the next day with twice the determination. Always remind yourself why you do what you do, and who you do it for. Chances are it gonna be a lovely day!

No comments: