Saturday, August 20, 2016

Out of My Mind

Uncertainty drives you crazy. Uncertainty equals loss of control. Uncertainty knocks out your thinking. Uncertainty leads you to new paths and brings new growth and spectacular fulfillment on earth. (The Inner Wizard)

I was told by my astrologer that I am ruled by a strong desire to anticipate, to understand and to know. Well, that news didn't come as a surprise to me, but it explains why I suffer so much these days. My job as an economic expert is to figure out the biggest transition since fall of communism, and that leaves my mind scrambling. All the old scripts have to be thrown out of the window, and we just have to stumble into a new new dawn of economic, social and political changes. Like everyone else, I can only grasp this great transformation one step at a time. So my impatient, forward-looking mind will have to wait a little.

Isn't that what the spiritual journey is all about as well? Whether we like it or not, we just have to put the cravings of the overactive mind aside and wake up to a new day and smell the coffee. Along a spiritual path we are traveling a series of holy NOWs that are so awesome that they leave the mind silent. Soon we realize that all predictions are as worthless as all convoluted analyses of the past. The action is here and now, so fasten your seat-belt and dive right in, whether your mind likes it or not.

No comments: