Saturday, October 8, 2016

Spiraling towards your Destiny

It is an amazing privilege to stay in a profession, not to mention a company, for decades. I am now entering my forth seven year cycle at the same company, having surpassed 21 years of service as a financial strategist. They say that "the more things change, the more they stay the same". There is certainly some truth in that, but I would change it up a bit. There is the equally well-known proverb, "history doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes." I recognize the workings of the universe as a spiral that happens in 7-9 year cycles. They can be ever-repeating cycles if learning doesn't take place, but normally these cycles occur as spirals that are either outward-bound when you decide to build on your strength all the time. But then, they can also be inward-bound, when you are ready to move on to something bigger and better.


When I look at my own situation, I perceive colleagues very much as the mirror image of my own intentions. There are the many friendly faces, the indifferent ones, as well as the occasional hostile encounters. I have seen this movie before, and over the decades have come far without even realizing what happens beneath the surface from a spiritual perspective. Today, I have the luxury of making much better choices seeing the alternatives I never perceived before. I certainly value the friendships today as much as I did then. What's different, I try to engage the indifferent encounters more than I would have done in the earlier today. Who knows why someone acts indifferently, perhaps it has nothing to do with me at all. But the biggest insight was that a lot of the prior perceived hostility was my own imagination. It took a few years in each case, but I learned on more than one occasion that the story-line of what happened behind closed doors was quite different than what I thought.


Embrace the complexity, duality and wholeness of life. It is a mere play-ground that allows us to express our creativity, burn a little karma in the process and awaken to the SELF. Viewed from this perspective, you can create an outward-bound spiral in whatever profession, avocation or passion you fancy. When you make the expression of your SELF your goal, your fate-line and the Universe will start collaborating and make your story happen for you.

No comments: