Saturday, December 10, 2016

Afterword: The Way of the Meister

It is the fulfillment of our life which should be our aim: 
not avoidance of defeat, nor victory, but only traveling on.
(E. Graham Howe)


In my professional journey I have demonstrated that we can bring Christ consciousness into a business setting and discovered that spirituality in our modern knowledge society is an asset, not a draw-back. Modern day economies need communication, collaboration, creativity and care, all fancy words of the good old fashioned Holy Spirit. I had already discussed the 4 Cs in my first book, "The Magnificent Experiment", and I have made a career out of this concept. In my role as a financial strategist my different bosses described me as "wolf", "glue guy", and "emotional center". All I really did was to recognize the power of the 4 Cs and run with it. Just from my personal perspective, spirituality gets you far these days. 


I have also seen Lao Tzu's never ending interplay of yin and yang, while resting safely at the center of life's spinning wheel. And I certainly have heard the Blue Lord's call to accept my spiritual mission and get the job done. There were moments of magic, times of despair, and endless hours of hard work to get to this stage, but I never blamed my misunderstood spirituality for that. I realized that life's never-ending ups and downs offer perfect opportunities to cut out the many conflicts and interferences we spiritual travelers carry around. Fears, doubts, and baggage of the past, let them burn in the fire of passion. The promise of our spiritual path is that our mission is tailored in such a way that we can let go of everything that is foreign to our true SELF while fulfilling our soul longings along the WAY.


The WAY I have discovered is my personal conversation with GOD, just as you have yours. A spiritual path is a highly unique experience of letting go and transcending of what was artificial, foreign and spiritually misguiding. It can be daunting to trust the guiding power of the BEYOND but soon you will get the hang of it. The Course in Miracles famously states, "If you knew WHO walks beside you on the way you have chosen, fear would be impossible." I would certainly echo this sentiment. No matter how insurmountable problems seem to be, there is always a network of friends showing up just in the nick of time to help out.


To be clear, I don't want to make the case that we have to bring Christianity or Taoism into a business setting, I just wanted to share the path I have chosen and hope that I can show some pointers that may be useful for your journey as well. E. Graham Howe put it well, it is the experience of the WAY that matters, all notions of "success" and "failure" don't even make sense along a spiritual path, only meaning does. Your mission is to find your idiosyncratic mode of talking to HER and sticking to it. That's the Way of the Meister. I hope that my journey can make yours a little easier. Happy travels!

(Excerpt of "The Way of the Meister, forthcoming)

No comments: