Sunday, January 8, 2017

Spiritual Ascendancy - What Changes did You Make?

Delay will hurt you now more than before, only because you realize it is delay, and that escape from pain is really possible.
(A Course in Miracles)

Some say that when you eat meat you upset your delicate spiritual system and that is why many religions advocate a vegetarian diet. It can't be entirely true because my spiritual friend eats meet and she is pretty good at what she does. I did cut meat out of my diet a few years ago and can't claim that I felt much of a difference. But I can't run experiments either, going back and forth would only upset my digestive system, so perhaps I stoped eating meat more on moral grounds than anything else.

What exactly it is that we can do or not along a spiritual path is something we have to find out experimentally. We stick to the activities that empower us and avoid the activities that cut into our power-base. It is as simple as that. My hunch is that these experiences are all unique for each spiritual traveler. We all approach the SOURCE from different angles and from different starting points. Yet, on our path we are all facing GOD in exactly the same fashion, no one has the right to look down on the other, but we certainly have the possibility to learn from each other's experience.

A spiritual path is an ever ascending path of embracing higher energies while letting the old energies that we have outgrown and drop by the wayside. Life is an on-going decision process: Do I really want to hang out with those people? Do I really want to click on this link? Is this job necessary to support myself and my loved ones? Do my colleagues perhaps need me? Or, what does this unavoidable situation I am in teach me? Just as in Reinhold Niebuhr's Serenity Prayer, we daily experience our own version of, "GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Our life and our spiritual path are one. Life sometimes helps us, and sometimes forces us to discover who we truly are. We define who we are, and by doing so, we add our contribution to GOD's KINGDOM.

Spiritual ascendancy is something that is provided by GRACE; it is most likely related to our behavior but how so, only GOD knows. When different energy centers open up, our life is literally turned upside down. New habits are formed, old habits are dropped, for the simple reason that there is no alternative. Can you give an example of a change you had to make recently?

No comments: