Thursday, January 26, 2017

Starting the Journey HOME

“There is a rhythm in the curve of life which finds at about the age of forty a deeper need to change towards this inward path. It is as if the earlier half of life must learn first how to live, before it can learn the larger truth of how to die. Material progress has reached its height, the family seed has been planted, position is assured and success can only look forward to eventual decline.”
(E. Graham Howe & William Stranger. “The Druid of Harley Street.”)

I was in my mid-forties when a colleague mentioned "blogging" to me. I went to google, clicked on a couple of instructions and was on my way to write my first note. Even a couple of years before then, when I had to mind our toddlers growing up for endless hours, I was so bored that I had nothing better to do than to re-read the spiritual and psychological books from my student days. And when I was later introduced to blogging it all came together; I had plenty to write about and discovered my new life mission, to become a writer and spiritual coach.

Around forty there is a code that is kicking in, the reminder that we are on a journey HOME. Spiritual or not, everyone has to launch a soul-searching journey to find meaning in what we do for otherwise depression will hunt us down, no matter how wealthy, and no matter how successful we might be. Aging is nothing to be afraid of as long as we travel a journey of meaning and spiritual insight. I have found my purpose and passion in writing and guiding others spiritually.

What is yours?

No comments: