Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Power of the Network

I remember having a discussion with a friend at our favorite coffee shop during my graduate student days where I told her about my good intentions to write some philosophical or spiritual books one day. She - by now a professor of Classics - took the other side and said that so much good material was written in the olden days that we should be mindful not to dilute this wealth of knowledge with our half-baked modern ideas. Her point of view didn't feel right at that time but there was also little I had to say to counter her views. The historic giants on whose shoulders we stand today are giants indeed.


In the meantime I have a better understanding what my personal mission is all about? Do I really have to add to the Asian gems such as the Bhagavad Gita, the Tao Te Ching or Buddha's Eightfold Path? Can I state the power of love and the presence of the SPIRIT better than the carpenter from Nazareth did several thousand years ago? Or do I need to be the next Eckhart Tolle who somehow reinvents the "Power of Now" even more eloquently? No!


Don't get me wrong though, I am proud of my daily blog reflections and am happy when I get my twenty readers or so from around the world. I am equally happy, now and then, to put these collected ideas into print and send my books to people who truly enjoy reading them, but I can powerfully participate in "The New Earth" - another Eckhart Tolle bestseller - in a different way. My contribution, besides being a light worker in my limited professional and personal space, is coming from the Power of the Network.

Metcalfe's Law was invented for the telecommunication industry. It states that the value of a telecommunications network is proportional to the square of the number of connected users of the system. Let's say, I have 5 trusted spiritual friends, and hang out with you, and thus implicitly, with your five trusted spiritual friends, who in turn all have access to their 5 trusted spiritual friends, and so forth. The power of this network gets large pretty fast.

Love, the SPIRIT and the WAY can be accessed easily these days with real positive implications for real people. It is a blessing to be a light worker in today's interconnected Ascension Wave. We don't have to be a bestselling spiritual author to be really impactful. Let's just do our daily job as light workers in whatever form that might be, but let's do our best to reach out to other spiritual travelers. The Power of the Network will speak through us!

No comments: