Monday, March 20, 2017

Get your self out of the Way

In order
for us to
FOLLOW
the WAY

we must
get out of
our own way.
(david WELLENS, WAY at Spiritual Networks)

I have been playing golf on and off, and I learned it late in life. Needless to say, I am not very good at it, but determined as I tend to be, continued hacking without much technique. I am taking lessons during my vacation these days and the coach spends all of his effort to undue all the bad habits I self-taught myself.

In the first lesson I was told that the right hand on the club just rests there without exerting any pressure. In the second lesson I was reminded to assume a relaxed pose rather than flexing my muscles. In the third lesson I realized that the swing comes from the hip, the arms just follow through.

Amazingly, without doing anything really, the balls flies higher, has more distance and is straight. As I saw the magic of the effortless swing unfolding I thought to myself, it is just like a spiritual path: when you get your self out of the way, the WAY appears.

No comments: