Saturday, June 3, 2017

Innocent as Lambs, Wise as Serpents

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be he therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
(Matthew 10:16)

I am a light worker operating in a competitive industry surrounded by ambitious and sometimes ruthless people. While I have been doing this for a couple of decades, I haven't lost my innocence at all. I am still the same friendly person, open to everyone, and utterly harmless for well-meaning people, and all others who leave me and my loved ones in peace. It took a while of training though to perform at this level, and I was in fact sheltered for many years to develop my skills. A long time ago, when I was still a graduate student, I met a woman in France who had been working in the financial industry before she took a spiritual leave of absence, she took one look at me and prophesized laughingly that I wouldn't last in this industry for a day. How wrong her prediction proved to be; when GOD wants something, SHE gets HER WAY.

I am a light worker, but the snake is my Chinese astrological sign. Even my wife sometimes wonders how smooth and sly I can be in the presence of evil. Apparently it takes a snake to recognize one.I would never scheme against anyone, neither would I ever attack. It is simply not the WAY. Yet, I know how to dance in order to step out of harm's way. Light workers are protected by a higher POWER. Just as Psalm 23 maintains, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and THY staff they comfort me." When I discovered Matthew's 10:16 quote from the New Testament I was amused to see that in numerology it adds to 8, my birth number. Yes, I am this lamb of GOD that was sent among the wolves with the agility of a snake. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you!

No comments: