Sunday, June 4, 2017

Kundalini Rising

Eve said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’" (Genesis 3 2-3)


The story of Adam and Eve is pretty straight-forward, the symbol of the snake is the problem of misused sexual energy. What else do you think the forbidden fruit in the middle of the garden is all about? True, forbidden knowledge also fits the simile given that it is the Tree of Good and Evil, but in the end both interpretations point to the same "sin", the departure from what is, our harmonious and natural GOD CONNECTION.

"Kundalini Rising" is the snake twirling itself up our spine until the life giving energy penetrates our brain and restores the GOD CONNECTION. I am in my early 50s, in good shape physically, at the top of my game professionally, and I have stopped ejaculation for good. Not because I am so enlightened, not in anticipation of an orgasmic release up my spine, but rather because I am no longer willing to handle the consequences. For weeks, after an orgasmic high with deep spiritual insights, my CONNECTION is impaired, and nothing can compensate for that pain.

I don't think I enjoy life any more or less than the ordinary folks, I simply experience it differently. Maybe one day I will experience life as an ongoing paradisiacal serenity, but for the time being I am simply rewired for kundalini rising by a higher POWER. Life has taken me by the horns and I am happy to play along; not that I have any choice in this anyway.

No comments: