Saturday, June 10, 2017

You Belong with Me

But she wears short skirts,
I wear T-shirts.
She's cheer captain
and I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up
and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time.
(You Belong with Me, Taylor Swift)

Have you ever approached life with this hypothesis that GOD is always somehow present somewhere. Try it, I claim this is a fact, yet, it takes a spiritual eye and a big heart to find HER. Run after the stuff that glitters like gold on the horizon, like the guy in the song who is taken in by his girlfriend's looks and cheer leading status, and you will likely miss HER. Each time I hear Taylor's song, I am reminded of the vibrant and beautiful girl in t-shirt and sneakers, waving at me from the bleachers. It could well be HER.

No comments: