Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Three Strikes and you are Out?

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." (Matthew 18:21)

'Three strikes and you are out', that is my motto in business. It is not that I write off people. No, mentally I distinguish my friends from the friends who simply need a time-out. I have learned the hard way that I have only so much energy at work and there comes a time when I have to devote my energy to the ones who want to work with me rather than the ones who drain my energy instead. Never say never though, over the years I have seen it all. There are the friends who disappear and then there are friends who come back with twice the motivation to connect. Never write anyone off and let GOD write the script.

In my spiritual life, however, I always give people another chance. GOD is infinitely patient was my experience when my spiritual path opened up. No matter what faux-pas I may have indulged in, GOD always shows up the next day with a big smile. If anything, the bigger my mistake, the more amazing the spiritual revelation on the next day. But alas, this artificial high never lasted and was followed by darks days, and sometimes weeks. Eventually I got the hang of it though and stuck to my path because pain of separation was simply too hard to bear. If GOD is kind to me, I want to be kind to others. I will tolerate abuse when the regret is truthful. If GOD's patience is infinite, so shall be mine.

No comments: