Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Enlightenment - Another Ego Trap?

Take a good look around and tell me, do you like what you see? Is there love in your life? Do you have an occupation and/or avocation that allows you to express yourself in a way you like? Is every day an adventure of sorts, a happy feeling of being alive? Do you have an ongoing GOD connection in good as well as bad times? If so, why do we need to aspire to be any different in the future? Isn't the concept of enlightenment just another ego device of being someone special? 

Don't get me wrong, I know that I am changing every day. I have a few spiritual goals for the next 9 year cycle for sure, but enlightenment isn't one of them. No matter where I look, I see equals. Some brothers need a little more time to develop, while some sisters are a bit more refined and mature than me. Yet, we all are in the same boat. I am happy with the one I am sitting in right now and can't wait to see where it will take me today.

No comments: