Monday, September 4, 2017

Size doesn't matter

I had a strange dream. I have always been perfectly happy with how tall I am, but in a dream I had a conversation with a colleague who is about my age and my size, but in the dream he appeared about 6 inches taller than me. I have always looked up in some respects to this particular colleague, so perhaps the dream had symbolized this fact. In any case, in the dream I first asked myself whether have I had shrunk. But then I remembered that in every annual physical evaluation I always measure in somewhere between 6 feet and 6.1, so this couldn't have been the reason. I shrugged my shoulders and forgot about it and zoomed into the conversation instead. Amazingly, it seemed much less deep this time around and much more egotistic than typical of him. It was then that I realized that 'size' is really a mental distortion of sorts that we spiritual folks can look right through.

No comments: