Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Witnessing the I-Identification

Just one quality of the Buddha has to be remembered. He consists only of one quality, witnessing. This small word witnessing contains the whole of spirituality. Witness that you are not the body. Witness that you are not the mind. Witness that you are only a witness. (Osho)

I had a dream in which I solved a couple of puzzles that others had presented to me. One at home with our family affairs, and the other at work. It felt good to be so smart. I felt as I was dreaming that these moments are worth living for. When I woke up I had a different realization though, the feel-good-factor was in fact the ego at work. It was the enjoyment to be a cut above the rest. 

Becoming aware of the ego can happen in a dream or as a real life aha-experience. It is a shift of sorts. The witness suddenly perceives the spiritually misleading I-Identification as something separate. After the shift we can never go completely back to normal as the awareness that something is off is always bound to kick in as we experience that old familiar identification. 

As the witness kicks in, the I-Identification loses its grip on us. Let’s experience what lies Beyond.

No comments: