Friday, July 27, 2018

Just Be

They say when you are a hammer, every object you see looks like a nail. How true! We think that we are so smart and that we have figured our what we want and need to do. Yet, we only rationalize our own experience and conditioning and proceed accordingly.

Whenever life was tough for me and the obstacles piled up, I worked harder. This was how I used to climb the ladder of success. When I finally ran out out of steam, it became ‘don’t work harder, work smarter’ instead. I was successful all right, but was I happy?

Then I met a friend who was happy, and not driven by restlessness like me. I understood that my ‘success’ was nothing but living up to the expectations of others while being driving my fears not to be someone. How sad! We never become happy that way!

There is a time to fall in love, and a time to go after money, fame and prestige. It’s quite alright!  There is also time to rest and do absolute nothing. Walking the Tao we drop all old reaction functions. We let go of the expectations of others. We react to life as is.

Do you realize that even the craving to be enlightened is a drive away from what is? Get rich! Be with the love of your life! Express yourself! It turns out that life is the best life and spiritual coach there is, absolutely free of charge. Dance with life and just be!

No comments: