Saturday, July 28, 2018

Meditation and Consciousness

I have been meditating over a decade now.  I used to think I need to achieve some status, like experiencing eternal bliss, or eternal joy, to use as an indicator of my meditation achievement. Today, I finally realize it’s not about achieving some status; it’s about recognizing our true identity. We are not our thoughts. We are not our emotions. We are not what happens to us. We are just some channel; life’s energy flows through us. Every energy manifestation is possible. Sometimes we feel happy, sometimes we feel sad, sometimes we feel anxious, and sometimes we feel blissful!  We are not happiness, we are not sadness, life is happening through us.


When we realize this, a space is created between us and these happenings.  Suddenly all the heavy energy is lifted. We are the awareness that witnesses the life energy flowing through.  We are present when these different energies flow through us. We are ‘I Am That I Am’.

By Su Zhen

No comments: