Monday, March 11, 2024

Letting go of fears and psychological baggage

 I had a dream. I was at my old workplace, and they wanted to reorganize my job as I hasn’t been very effective recently. I met my new colleagues of the team I was assigned with, and we played basketball; not my favorite sport, I am a much better soccer player, but I played along. I dropped the first ball, but I kept playing and slowly got better at it.

 

Not hard to figure out what this dream was about, the fear of not measuring up. I felt it when I woke up. Experience for yourself, you can actually feel the raw instincts rising from the lower chakras right into the heart chakra where it gets burned up. It’s a painful process though but when you sit with it the fear starts dissolving. 

 

Spirituality tackles everything with the intellect. “You are not your body”, “you are not your fears”, “you are not your desires”. All these affirmations point towards the truth but unless we find a way to allow these subconscious processes to get processed and let go of, they are not very effective, and worse, lead to spiritual bypassing. 

 

I don’t consider myself an expert in dealing with these subconscious processes, but if you are interested in learning more check out Suzhen Liu’s “Letting Go—Release Your Suffering”. She found a method to inquire into the origin of these fears and trouble spots, activate them and effectively letting go of them. 

No comments: