Friday, April 12, 2024

God’s Plan

 A coach talked about the trade-off between process and outcome earlier in my career and I figured that outcome trumps process. That is, as long as the outcome is right, so what if the means to an end weren’t quite as good as they could have been.

 

Ten years later I attended a similar presentation and realized that process and outcome are equally important. It had dawned on me that my mind alone was only so powerful and that it often takes the collaboration of well-meaning friends to get us the desired results.

 

Another ten years have gone by and I am still adjusting my perspective. Process trumps the outcome in the way that we don’t even know what is good or bad. The higher energies tell us how to proceed in the process, and the higher energies communicate the meaning of the outcome to us.

 

Clearly, process and outcome are connected. We cannot say that the one trumps the other. What I meant to express in the previous paragraph is to say that I only concern myself with the process for that is where my action occurs. I see God’s hand-writing in both, and whatever outcome, it’s G(o)od.

 


No comments: