Sunday, March 15, 2015

On Sharing Spiritual Wisdom along the Way

Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else ... Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” 
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

In the Spiritual Networks community I am part of there is one woman in particular who spends half her time telling everyone that she is love impersonated and the happiest person alive, and half of the time describing how she has to tell others that they haven't discovered the light and how she has the duty to lecture them, and how upset they get with her.

I can resonate with her because I used to do the same when I was a bit younger. Yet spirituality isn't that way at all. The Way will tell you what you need to know when you are ready. There never is any violence or tension along the Way. I now wait patiently for my opportunity to say something, and if this opportunity never comes along, so be it.

Something else has changed in me. Now I perceive no urgency whatsoever to share what I feel works for my friend. When I say what I feel I have to say I of course hope that my friend will see it that way too, but if he for some reason gets mad with me then so be it too. I somehow feel indifferent about the whole thing. I am just Her instrument; the Way always knows what works best for everyone. 


No comments: